10.12.2010

Octoberween

Lawd. What happened to weekly updates? I don't know. Maybe my three jobs got in the way... Nah, I'm just lazy. So here's my new post! Yay!!!

Since it is the month of October, I thought I would focus this post on the most wonderful time of the year. Ah, Christmas, you say? Alas, you would be incorrect. Halloween is the correct answer. Though I suppose if you work at Disney (like I do), all the fall and winter holidays start to run together. For instance, I have begun rehearsals for Celebrate the Season, the Castle Show at Magic Kingdom during the Christmas season. It's a lot of fun, so you guys should come check it out! I'm getting off track. What was I talking about? Ah, yes, Halloween!

The main reason I love the month of October is it gives me an excuse to watch every single horror movie ever made. A lot of people I know ABHOR horror movies, and I understand that... I guess. To each his own. However, I absolutely ADORE horror movies. I don't really know why. Maybe I love the adrenaline rush. Maybe I love being scared. Maybe I'm just some psycho freak. Whatever the reason, I have loved watching horror movies ever since I saw The Others back in 2001 with my sister Emily. Aw, man, that was good times... but that's another story entirely.

Now, I said I love to watch every horror movie ever made. That is, of course, an exaggeration. Actually, so far this year my horror movie watching is lacking. Thus far I have only watched Pirahna (the original), The Fog, The Others, and Suspiria. All are fantastic examples of their respective subgenres, i.e. campy fun, ghost stories, etc, but I really need to get serious. I only have a couple of weeks left! Where has the time gone? What's that, you ask? What else do I still need to watch? Here's a list:
1) the Evil Dead trilogy
2) the Poltergeist trilogy (or just the 1st one; the other two suck)
3) the Scream trilogy
4) Halloween
5) Friday the 13th
6) Nightmare on Elm Street
7) The Nightmare Before Christmas
8) The Rocky Horror Picture Show
9) Night of the Creeps
10) Shaun of the Dead
There are others too, of course, but those were the ones that popped into my head. Sooo yeah, I gotta work on that.


Another reason I love Halloween is the chance to get all dressed up. Now, I don't go crazy or anything, but for the past few years, I've had some fun! Here are some pics:

'07 - Ron Stoppable (and Rufus) from "Kim Possible"


'08 - Duckie and Andie from Pretty in Pink

'09 - David Blaine (from the Youtube vids) and his Cheez-Its

You're thinking it, and it's true. I am that awesome. This year I'm thinking 80s nerd rocker, like Devo or something. Like I said... AWESOME! Also, like the horror movie watching, I really need to get on this. Parties are coming up just next week, and I don't have any costume pieces! Oh, nooo! (That previous statement was said like Bruce from "Family Guy." Just FYI.)

So yeah I think that will suffice for now. I apologize for the lack of time travel in this post. Maybe next week! Oooh, and I'll make sure to keep you guys updated on which horror movies I watch, because I know most of my readers are sooo interested in the movies I watch :) Until next time!

1 comments:

Smile and Nod said...

1. I didn't know you had a blog, and 2. I LOVE that you went as Duckie one year! Pretty in Pink = LOVE!!

- Britt