2.07.2011

My So-Called Life

Hello! Wow, it's been a while. I don't really have anything new or interesting to say. This past month has been crazy, and this month isn't proving to be any easier, but hopefully by March things will finally calm down. Here's what I've been up to lately.

Toward the end of January, I was in rehearsals for Magic
Kingdom's Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party. Rehearsals were fun, but it would have been sooo much better if my body hadn't decided to get sick in the middle of it all. When I wasn't suffering at work, I was at home eating soup, taking Dayquil, lying in bed, and watching lots and lots of "Daria," which by the way, is one of the best TV shows EVER. End of story.

Speaking of home, I have officially moved. After the week of illness and rehearsals, the
next few days were spent packing and moving into my new apartment. The moving didn't take more than 2 or 3 days, and all of my stuff is all moved in and organized. There are some boxes here and there in the living/dining room, but that's about it. I'm gonna miss the house I lived the past year, but this new place is so spacious! It's terrific. I'll post some pics when I think about it.

I've also been on the hunt for a more steady 2nd job. Universal has been great, but it's proved to be unreliable. I also need moolah... lots of moolah, actually. So I've been out looking for a job, and when I get low in my gas tank, I stay in and apply online wh
erever I can think of. That's actually how I've spent my day: applying for jobs online. Writing this post is just a break in between applications. I'm sure I'll be back to it in a few minutes.

Otherwise, I'm sitting here listening to music. Thanks to my roomie, I have a newfound adoration of two bands, Belle & Sebastian and Christabel and the Jons. The former is an awesome alternative band. I love "To Be Myself Completely." Perfection. Christabel and the Jons is more of a Folk/Swing type of band. Generally, I'm
not a huge country fan, but I'll accept folk/bluegrass. And, NO, folk music is NOT the same as country music! They remind me a lot of Zooey Deschanel's group, She & Him, only with more of a twang, and no offense to Zooey (who is great), but lead singer of Christabel and the Jons has a better voice. I've also met her. They were playing in the area last month, and she's really cool!

I'm also freaking out about finances, but hey, that's life. I know it may seem like I don't have a lot on my plate, but you just don't even know. Now, it's time to get off this thing. I was gonna get some exercise, but a storm seems to be rapidly invading the surrounding area. I guess I'll just watch some "Daria" and get back to these applications...

0 comments: