9.30.2014

September Shenanigans

I haven't really written a lot this month. That's because I've been out actually having something of a life. And working. Mostly working. 
Goofy out-pimping Pluto at Studios
September is the transition month. The transition from summer to fall. Or in Orlando's case the transition from hot as balls to insanely hot. Movies that are released aren't really very good. Just like January and February, September is the "dump month" for studios. I have watched a few very good independent movies plus a lot of "so bad, they're good" movies at home. Otherwise movies released in theaters are kinda meh.

The one good thing about September is MY BURFDAY!!! It's at the beginning of the month, but I never wrote about it so it's like it didn't even happen. I decided at the last minute since I already had some vacation time that I would spend it back home in the Nan (that's Newnan, Georgia for the uninitiated) (that's a half hour outside Atlanta for the unaware). 

AHHHHHHH
I had a wonderful time with the familia of course. I saw my mother very scantily clad in my hometown's production of "Sordid Lives". We took a long, sweaty trek down Stone Mountain in 100 degree weather. We saw Bill Murray at his deadpan best in Ghostbusters... on the big screen! I got a new tattoo (!!!). For those who don't know, I LOVE the 80s band Tears For Fears. They are my favorite forever and ever. They don't have a symbol for their band so I grabbed something off one of their album covers. The original sun from "Sowing the Seeds of Love" is all golden, but the tattoo artist thought adding some color would make the tattoo POP more. So I said, "Go ahead, man. You're the pro." It looks absolutely amazing!

Let's see. What else? 

The Halloween season is upon us. No pumpkin flavored references here. Except experience Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream if you never have. Okay let's move ahead. 
*hums Halloween theme*

I have already attended Halloween Horror Nights once. I decided to buy a Frequent Fear pass yet again even though I probably won't be able to attend the event as much as I usually do. *cue sad face here* However, I will definitely try to go as many times as possible. I love Horror Nights!! The big update this year is that for the first time ever they have a Halloween (as in the 1978 classic) house!! I geeked out the entire time walking through that house. It was amazing. I giggled and screamed with glee. I will definitely be walking through that house the next 2 or 3 times I attend the event.

The Food and Wine Festival at Epcot has also begun. I haven't attended yet, but I do intend to on Friday after I get off work. Starship is the band playing that night, and 80s music is my favorite ever (in case you couldn't tell up above) so obviously I will be there no matter how tired I am after work. I need to jot down the other artists who will be performing for the rest of the event and plan accordingly.

So yeah that's September in the life of Joe Moore. Not the most exciting month ever but nearly the most awesome by default. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go be a hooker at the Kingdom.

0 comments: