1.20.2017

Start Out With A BANG

Oh hellooo!

First things' first. Have you watched Sing Street yet? No? Stop reading right now and watch it. I MEAN IT.

...

Is it over? Wasn't it fantastic?! Ahem, okay let's move ahead.

This year is really starting out with a bang. Let me explain what I mean. I work in the mornings at Target... whatever. Then sometimes I have time to nap in the afternoon before spending the rest of my day at the theatre. And boy oh boy are we swamped this time of year!

I'm rehearsing for "One Slight Hitch" which opens the first weekend of February. We are starting our full runs off book this next week. Yikes! We've got a great cast, and I spend the majority of the show in a rain slicker and boxers. So if that isn't reason enough to see it I don't know what is!

I'm also choreographing for "Godspell". I'm not as close to the cast as I was with the "Addams" cast, but I'm hoping that changes in February after "Hitch" is over. I've already set a couple of numbers for the show, and from what I've seen it's going to be a lot of fun!

We also have a Gala TOMORROW NIGHT showcasing our upcoming 2017-2018 season. We've spent the past two weeks or so rehearsing skits and songs for that ON TOP OF all the other rehearsals going on. So yeah it's been quite a lot. I'm in a skit from "The Kitchen Witches". If you haven't heard of it, look it up. It's really funny! Then I get to sing in the opening number for "Evil Dead: The Musical". If you know me at all you know I'm' a huge horror nut. Evil Dead is one of my absolute favorites, and the musical version is pretty frikkin hilarious. I'm honored to even sing one number from the show.

So yeah. That's Target, theatre... what else? Somewhere in all that I found time to teach a few dance classes. Sure it's hectic but you know what? I'm used to hectic. It sure beats sitting around at home like I was doing when I first moved back home last March. Jeez it's almost been a year since I left Orlando. That's crazy.

Oh! Oscar nominations come out... I believe next Tuesday morning. I'm still wayyy behind on catching those flicks, but I have a month or so to catch up. AND now most of the films that will be nominated are actually playing nearby. Makes it slightly easier to check them out. So there's THAT!

Before I go, I know that today is the start of a very scary four years. Take your minds of that! by wishing a very special movie a very happy 11th anniversary.

Remember, We're All In This Together!

0 comments: