8.24.2014

I'll Give It To You

I was right in the middle of my post about my adoration for the Guardians soundtrack when I completely lost interest. I couldn't stop thinking about last night because it was beyond amazing. I attended the Villains Unleashed event at Hollywood Studios! I know. This is a big enough shock because I never go into the parks. I used to all the time but not so much anymore.

The event itself was kinda dull. Not enough to do and what there was to do had long lines. My buddy John aptly named it Queue Lines Unleashed, which is very appropriate. All that aside though there were two reasons I was there, and both completely surpassed my expectations. I was there for both Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show and to meet Constantine, the villain from Muppets Most Wanted.

The freakshow was a lot of fun. I was surprised Disney got away with showing some of the stuff in their park. Parts were kinda sexual. Oogie Boogie was the emcee of the show introducing different acts: sword-swallowing, archery, and fire-breathing. They were all a lot of fun! The sword swallower was probably my favorite. He was completely in character, portraying a guy who had clearly escaped the crazy house to attend. Oh not to mention Oogie Boogie himself, who was absolutely amazing!

Meeting Constantine took all evening (too long of a story, not getting into it) but all the waiting was completely worth it! It was the Muppet from the movie, and it was the Muppet performer as well! IT WAS CONSTANTINE!! I was too excited. Thank God my friend Jason was there to be the voice of the group. I was speechless. I couldn't say a word.


He certainly made my dreams come true
Before we met Constantine, we were talking about what to say to him. We thought we'd ask him to impersonate Kermit. WELL the bitches in front of us overheard us, and they totally asked him to do that! RUDE! No bother though. It was still hilarious. When we reached him, he went on about how one of us needed to break him out, but none of us had any explosives, so he mourned how we were such a disappointment to him. It was great. I couldn't even handle it for the rest of the night. Or all day today.

So yeah. The event itself needs A LOT of ironing out, but we did what we wanted to do, and it was AMAZING! You should all be super jealous. 

OH! Before I go I have to give a shoutout to my sistah gurl Emily and her Freddiehusband. Today is their one-year anniversary! Congratulations to you both and many more years to come!



0 comments: