1.27.2015

Journey to the Past

It's almost February. Like... what?!

I got Timehop the 1st of the year. I'm slightly behind the times I know. It's already taken over my life. It certainly has not helped my nostalgic ways. I do tend to linger in the past quite a bit.  I listen to music from my teenage years. I watch old ballet videos constantly. I look at pictures from 8 years ago, telling myself "Oh yeah that was last year". No. It wasn't.

I have my reasons for lingering in the past. I've decided the script I've been working on for years is set in the year 2005. That spring was the year I graduated high school. The script I'm writing is about a teenage boy who comes out of his shell during his senior year. So I feel it's only fair that I write in the time period I know. To assist me in my writing, I've been listening to a lot of the music that I (along with my sister and our ballet friends) listened to a lot back in the day. That includes some 80s new wave, music from movies such as Moulin Rouge and Garden State, and mostly alternative turn-of-the-century tunes.

Speaking of thinking about the past, this past month one of my very best friends moved with her fiancee up to D.C. They had a party at the nearest Ale House, and a TON of friends showed up. We reminisced about all our crazy times at work (whether good or bad) and house parties she and her friends threw occasionally back in '08-'09. There were a lot of evenings when she and I would chill at her place. We'd throw back a few Captain & Dr. Peppers while playing Wii Sports and Wii Fit. Oh yeah. We knew how to throw down.

So Christy, thank you for the years of shenanigans. Thanks for befriending me when I was a lowly CP, thanks for being there for me when I came out, thanks for all the fun times at work (whether it was the deathmarch or even Spectro), but most of all thank you for being you. An all-around awesome little gal. I hope you and Ryan have fun in D.C., and I cannot wait to come up and visit!!

Don't worry though. I don't only linger in the past. Other than music from my adolescence, I've been listening to the soundtracks for Into the Woods, The Guest, and Boyhood. Speaking of Boyhood, I'm obsessed with the awards season (of course), and I cannot wait until Oscar night of February 27th! Ugh. It's a still a whole month away. It needs to be now!! Don't worry I'll go further into detail in a later post. I have A LOT to say, which is unusual for me though not too unusual since movies are my life.

Peace out, girl scouts.

0 comments: