2.03.2015

Left Shark's Rad Assault

I just sat down to work on my screenplay. Then I remembered I'm having a serious case of writers' block. So I'll worry about that later. In the meantime I thought, "Why not post a blog update?" You are all very welcome.

This past week has consisted of many things. 

4) Hanging with new friends. 

Okay they're not new friends. I know them from the Jedi Training Academy at Hollywood Studios. It's just very rare that I see them outside work. So when I got the invite to play a Star Wars board game with them, I jumped on the opportunity! The game in question is Star Wars Imperial Assault, and I didn't play so much as watch the other guys play. It sucked me in immediately despite the fact that A New Hope was playing in the background. Joe Moore chose watching people play a strategy game over watching a movie? Better believe it! It was a fun night, and we should do it again very soon. You listening, JTA peeps? Good.

3) The Super Bowl.

I've never been much of a sports guy, but I have watched the Super Bowl every year since 2009. Kudos me. Thanks to my former roomie John for getting me hooked. I'm glad the game that year was a great one otherwise I probably wouldn't have this new(ish) tradition.

I may or may not have watched this year just because Katy Perry was the halftime show. For those who don't know I kinda love her. I love how over the top she is, and she doesn't apologize for it. She's fantastic, and her halftime show was fantastic. Especially the "Teenage Dream/California Gurls" scene. Yup, that bit with the talking palm trees, surfboards, beach balls, and those SHARKS. Those sharks were the true MVP that night. Of course Missy Elliot stole the show, but you did good, Katy Perry. Much better than those Seahawks did with that last call. Oy.

2) SNL Californians.

Yet me explain my latest obsession. The other day at work, my partner in crime was this totally rad chick from Marina Del Ray. Or somewhere from Southern California. I was too busy giggling to hear where she's from. I'm a really nice guy, I know. Anyway, her accent reminded me of the SNL skits with Fred Armisen and Kristen Wiig. So I watched said skits for the remainder of the afternoon. I sat there on the other end of the couch giggling to myself. I then proceeded to create a pretty epic picture using ClipArt. I'm no graphic design artist, but it's pretty hilarious if I do say so myself.
Look at this mirror. It's totally jammed.

1) What's number one, you may ask? Number one just so happens to be the subject of my next post. So keep an eye out! It's pretty exciting stuff. 

0 comments: