2.10.2015

To Be Concluded

I know everyone has been dying to know the #1 most exciting thing happening in my life from my previous post. If you haven't read said post, please click here to peruse about my oh exciting life. But don't worry. It gets much better. So without further ado...

1) I'M LEARNING FANTASMIC!!!

For the unaware, Fantasmic is Hollywood Studios' nighttime spectacular. It's been my favorite show on property since I was but a wee CP back in 2007. I remember the first time I went with some of my training friends to see the show. It was unlike anything I had ever seen. The story, the effects, the performers. It all looked like so much fun! 

I'm really glad we
survived Zombie girl's attack
I went to see show A LOT back then. Ya know, when going to the parks was a new thing for me and the crowds didn't bother me. Whether hanging with my training group friends, taking my family to see it, or going to see the one and only Lizz James perform, watching Fantasmic was always a lot of fun. I have a ton of pictures but mostly of us goofing around in the audience before show. Ya know because that's how I roll.

We're awesome
There was one specific night that I was there with the fam and our best friend/might-as-well-be-sister Caroline. Emily, Caroline, and I were sitting behind these really annoying, super obnoxious girls who were way too hyped up on Coke or sugar or something. They were taking a lot of silly pictures, and this was in the days before smart phones. So they're sitting there taking pictures with their cameras upside down. Naturally we followed suit. Thus the upside-down Fant shot was born.

While attending the parks has lost its luster in the past few years, it is fun to go back to reminisce. I went to see the show a few weeks ago because it was my babe Christy's last performance ever before she moved up to D.C. I found myself getting a little choked up not only because I was overwhelmed with emotion but also because Disney has a sneaky way of cutting into you and breaking your ice cold heart.

Still doing it
That was the first time I had seen show since at least 2011 so it had definitely been a while. Unless you count when I saw Fantasmic at Disneyland with my family last summer. Many people prefer the Disneyland show to the one at Walt Disney World, and while I mostly agree with them (the Peter Pan segment is ten times better than WDW's stupid Pocahontas scene), it was really odd seeing Mickey pop up on Tom Sawyer's cabin rather than on an enormous mountain. 

I did feel realllly bad for all the Operations cast members. You see, at Disneyland, Fantasmic is set up right in the middle of Frontierland. There's no giant amphitheater separated from the rest of the park. Everyone just kinda files in and hopes to get a good spot to stand and watch show. Meanwhile Ops is trying to get everyone who isn't watching to get outta the way before the show starts. It was kinda stressful watching the scene. Once the show started, I quickly forgot about it all. I just wanna say, good for you Disneyland Ops. 
The "Joe Moore" smirk. Created at Fant.

Oh right. This post is about me learning the show! (It's a good thing this is a separate update.) I never in my wildest dreams expected to get the phone call saying I had rehearsals coming up soon. I almost asked if they had the right number. They did though! I just had my orientation the other day. It was really surreal walking around backstage and on the island. I couldn't believe I was standing on the stage of this show I've come to love. I'm incredibly honored to be learning a show that's been near and dear to my heart for many years. I cannot wait until I'm approved and performing for everybody. So you all better come see me ;) peace! 

0 comments: