12.03.2015

Making Moore Magic

It's officially December. This is nuts. Where has this past year gone? I can't believe it's flown by so quickly. I'd complain some more but... it's Christmas! CHRISTMAS!!! I'm so frikkin excited like Aunt Sue from SNL. Or like Pee-Wee in his Christmas special. Or like Buddy the elf. 

This may sound like blasphemy to many, but Christmas is not my favorite holiday. If you couldn't tell by my October posts, that title belongs to Halloween. However Christmas does come in a very close second. I celebrate both holidays their entire respective months. I listen to the holiday music absolutely nonstop. I get dressed up for both, though Halloween arguably (read: definitely) moreso. My point is, I love Christmas almost as much. Get used to it.

This first week in December is particularly exciting because I am going to have Moore fun than you will. That's right. The Moores are in town this week to celebrate Christmas at the Disney parks. That means Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Candlelight Processional, and of course the Osborne Lights!!! All with my favorite people in the world. 

I'm excited to attend the Christmas Party. This year is my second time attending. Yup. Second ever. Because I used to perform in the Christmas parade every year of my life. But not anymore! I saw Candlelight Processional last night for only the second time ever. That presentation is so beautiful to behold. The music is absolutely wonderful, and I found myself choking up a little bit. Me! Joe Moore! Oh also some Neil somebody or other was hosting. He was pretty cool (read: NPH was the guest host and I'm STILL containing my excitement that I was mere feet away from his awesomeness).

My absolute favorite part of Christmas at Disney is the Osborne family's Spectacle of Dancing Lights. IT'S MY FAVORITE!!! Alas due to the upcoming (and much-needed) Hollywood Studios makeover, this year will be my last time watching those Lights dance. Of course I am extremely emotional about this. The Lights has been my favorite since 2008. They are the only reason I will drive out of my way to attend the parks in December (like last Saturday when I was redirected three different times to find a place to park). If you want to know just how much I love the Lights, please feel free to peruse this article from five years ago

...are we done? Okay moving on!

I have already visited once this year with my pff bff Andie and my main man Big B. They were with me my first time ever seeing the Lights. It was a blast but also very bittersweet. Like the end of an era. Tomorrow I'll be visiting for the last time with my family, and I will probably sob uncontrollably. Me! Joe Moore! I'll be okay though. Osborne Lights, I just wanna thank you for all the fun and merriment throughout the years. I'm gonna miss you like WHOA.

So there you have it. I hope everyone has a very merry December. I'll be back for another post around Christmas Day. Until then, peace!


0 comments: