10.24.2015

DEBBIE!!!

This past week has been completely crazy, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

1) Remember Christy, my awesome redhead babe who I drove at least 30 hours total to surprise for her birthday? Well she was in town this past week. So Tuesday evening a whole bunch of her closest friends met up with her at none other than the Ale House for drinks, eats, and fun. Mostly drinks of course. I mean... to see her!

The evening was so much fun! Tons of people (mostly fellow friends from Fantasmic) showed up to catch up with their dearly beloved friend. There was also kareoke, which we were not expecting. And as usual the locals stunk up the place with awful country music and slow songs that should just never be sung at kareoke ever. Really people? Kareoke is supposed to be fun. Don't take it so seriously! Says the guy who's currently lamenting people taking kareoke seriously. Don't worry though. Andie and I sang "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" to lighten the mood. It was awful! We rocked it.

2) The Enzian is showing mostly horror movies during the month of October (DER), and Wednesday night they were showing The Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, arguably the best of the sequels. So of course I had to go! 

But before that I got to deal with... *drumroll please* Moore car problems! Because what's a day of fun without your car not cooperating? Fortunately I went to a really awesome garage just down the road. They were really personable. Way more personable than any garage has ever been to me. I really wish I could've afforded for them to fix my car then and there. But alas. It is October. Which means I have zero moolah.

Fortunately movies on the lawn at the Enzian are free! So my pff bff (Andie, der) and I enjoyed an incredibly campy 80s slasher flick despite Heather Langenkamp's awful acting. Seriously, girl. You were fine in the first Nightmare. What happened?? Oh well. You rock it a few years later in New Nightmare so all is forgiven.

3) NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!

This year was the first time I attended the Magic Kingdom Halloween party since 2009. 6 whole years! Obviously this oversight had to be remedied. So the Belcher girls (from the best show ever "Bob's Burgers, and I don't even have time to explain it to you if you don't know what I'm talking about) got all gussied up and went out for girls' night!

Linda, Tina, and Louise had an absolute blast! Linda was her usual crazy self, making sure she stayed hydrated the whole time and trying to get her kids to dance with her. Not gonna happen. Tina was her shy, awkward self, especially when it came to meeting scary villains and checking out their butts. Louise had a great time with the other Belcher girls, the two members of her family she doesn't usually hang with if she has a choice.

But seriously people. Not So Scary is fantastic this year. Boo To You parade was so awesome the Belchers had to watch it twice! Great job, guys! And thanks to the performers who accentuated their butts to Tina. That was greatly appreciated. And then of course there's the Hocus Pocus show at the castle stage!! Like whoa. You guys. Even if you didn't grow up watching Hocus Pocus every day of your life (like me) you would still love this show. It's the best thing the Dinsey parks has put out in a looong time. Go see it!

So yeah. Crazy week. Even with all that going on, I still had to work, and I had to continue my horror movie watching. I'm watching one a day this month, remember? One movie I have to stress is The Final Girls. It's an homage to 80s slasher flicks (especially Friday the 13th), and it is so much fun! What sets it apart from the usual horror comedy is an unexpected emotional element. The flick wears its heart firmly on its sleeve, and that was mucho appreciated by this horror buff. If you haven't heard of the movie, look it up and check it out! Definitely worth the watch.

Oh, and if anyone knows who Debbie is, tell her Linda Belcher has a score to settle with her. DEBBIE!!!

0 comments: