10.14.2015

Toss Me In the Loony Bin

Here's Part Deux of my crazy week last week. 

So you know how I bid adieu to JTA last week? There was a party for it last Monday at the Celebration Tavern, and it was oh so much fun! I couldn't stay all night though becaaause I had an all-night drive up to Germantown, Maryland to surprise my one and only redhead friend on her birthday! 

As I've already said, my week was crazy. I am crazy. My friend Tish is crazy. We're both crazy. But spending all day Tuesday celebrating Christy's friendship was totally worth it!

We got in town around 1pm. Christy's fiancé Ryan had told her to wake up, clean  up, and look nice so she knew something was happening. But the look on her face when she opened the door... she had no idea. It was awesome! She screamed and cried and startled some poor old woman walking up the stairs behind us. She held the two of us in a warm embrace and would not let go. It was wonderful. 

Ryan had already asked us when he was planning the surprise if we wanted to see any of the DC sights. Both Tish and I said no. We were there to do whatever Christy wanted to do. Well we saw most of the DC sights anyway! We toured the American History Museum before walking along the National Mall, taking pictures in front of the Washington Monument, the White House, etc. 

We had a delicious dinner at Clyde's before having a couple of drinks at the Iron Horse. I definitely recommend both, especially the latter. It has such a fun atmosphere. Also skeeball. You can't say no to skeeball! We also got a free backstage tour of the Sidney Harman Hall. Sooo yeah. It was a pretty awesome day.

Then there was the drive back home on Wednesday which wouldn't have been so bad if we had just stuck to the route we took driving up, but nooo. We had to be adventurous and cut through South Carolina highways. Bad idea. It's fun to laugh about it already so at least there's that. And I think I'm finally caught up on sleep so there's that too.

Anyway, I'm so happy we were able to surprise you for your birthday, babe! Thanks for an awesome 24 hours, and here's to seeing you for your 2nd magical 24-hour birthday surprise in a week!

0 comments: