10.10.2015

Never Gonna Give You Up

I can't believe how far behind I am on this blog. It's October so life is crazy enough. Many things have happened this past week alone so first thing's first!

Sunday, October 4th was the last day of the Jedi Training Academy show at Hollywood Studios. Let me rephrase. The 4th was the last day of JTA as we know it. The show is closing to be "re-imagined", and the new version should be opening by the holiday season. Hopefully the new version will be bigger and better while keeping what made JTA such a popular show these past 10 years.

I was first introduced to the Jedi Training Academy family in 2007. At the time the show was only around for the annual Star Wars Weekends. In October it would join daily operations at MGM (it was still MGM at that point) Studios. That's when it took off and became the little show that could. Families planned their vacations around signing their children into this show. There's nothing more exciting than to see the looks on both kids' and their parents' faces when Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers appear. It's a pretty awesome feeling to say the least. I could not be more honored to have been a part of this show for the past 8 years.

Here's a shout out my awesome fellow cast and crew. You guys are some of my favorite people. Some I've known for years and not necessarily from JTA. Others I've met at JTA and become close friends. The point is, we've all become a tight-knit family. Sure there may be drama every now and then but what family doesn't have its spats here and there? We've remained close to each other through a lot. From having a closet for a breakroom to having no breakroom at all, from doing shows in the rain to performing in 100+ degree heat, and from our many cookouts at work to rocking it out kareoke style at Retro Room. Who knows where the future lies for us and for our show, but here's to many years of friendship and many, many Moore ;)

So yes. I'm going to miss this show very much, but I have so many wonderful memories that I can cherish forever. And who knows? Maybe I'll get the honor to perform in the "re-imagining". If not, just know this. I'm never gonna give you up!

0 comments: